Friday 8 January 2016

New 2016 release stamps by Woodware Craft Collection

Good Morning, it's Friday so that means it is almost time to relax again, 

I hope everyone has got back into the swing of things with school & work again. I know I am my diet started again this week and it has been very hard to get back into it. I will get there though.

Now the real reason for my post today is I have been having a play with some new stamps that arrived this week. They are by the fabulous Woodware Craft Collection. These stamps are specifically designed by the very talented Franciose Reed. Now the fast service I received from my favourite seller of Woodware Stamps is The Stamp Man based up in Yorkshire and I have to say their customer service is brilliant and I always purchase online from them when I want new Woodware Stamps.
Here is my delivery in all of it's glory.

Now these new stamps are from the 2016 new release - so very much hot off the press :)

I will start with this amazing 'Home Collage' stamp - ref: FRS612
The following shows you the 2 designs I have created so far with the stamp.

Finished card - Now I distress ink'd the backing panel and then sprayed water over it to give added effect, then stamped the image using Momento Black Tuxedo ink. I have then used a water brush and coloured the door and flower for definition.


Closer up you can that I have used Glossy accents on the clock face and the word LOVE which is on the roof. I added dark bronze pearls to the card and finished with a tied knot of brown gingham ribbon also from Woodware craft collections.


Now for a rather more cleaner looking card this time, same stamp but this time coloured with Promarkers and went for a blues & greens tone of colours. Various backings for layering ad a pale green ribbon finished off with a metal key.

The sentiment also a new 2016 stamp called 'Make a Wish' - ref: FRS009


Here is a closer look at the stamped image.

Now I moved onto another fabulous release called 'Sewing Sampler' Ref: FRS615
I love this stamp set and so very fitting for a nation is slightly obsessed with sewing.
The stamp actually comes approx A6 size but because of how Françoise has designed the stamp you can cut it up and rearrange it. 
So here is my first go with the stamp. I have coloured the elements with promarkers and then cut the panels out. Layered the card blank with traditional style paper and added 3 panels from the set, middle one is stuck with 3d foam tape for height.


I cut out (fussy cutted) the bobbin and needles from the stamped image to and added them in the corner, finished with a sentiment from 'Make a wish' set and added 2 polka dot buttons.

Now we move on to the more traditional look of the stamp set
But with a twist :)
Here is the finished card but it was a few layers in the making.
I chose 2 sheets of 6"x 6" papers from my stash ( Mainly Kaiser Crafts pads) and stamped the stamp on to each sheet. I chose the stitch effect as my main piece and then started to cut out the small elements with my craft knife, You will be able to see better on the closer up picture.
To finish the card I layered the same papers onto a piece of Stampin up Sahara Sand card stock and tied a peach crochet lace around it.

Now my work gained some interest from our cat Scamp yesterday she was keeping an eye on my sheet whilst I patched it together. And here she is :) She is very old cat now 17 years old in April and is very grumpy ( hey why not at that age) but she does love company and is loving my desk in the conservatory.


Back to the project - sorry got carried away with the cat story lol
Here is a close up of the patching of the image. I cut various elements out of the 2 sheets and layered them on to the image like a patchwork I think.


I even added a peach button on to the stamped one in the bottom corner for effect.

I love these stamps and they stamp clear and great every time. You can colour them, distress them or even just decoupage them,
I shall be buying more once I have saved my pennies and I can't wait.

Thanks for reading and please don't forget to say Hi in the comments and let me know what you think.
I love reading your comments.
Happy Crafting Friday everyone
Hugs
Tracey 
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment